Gingerbread PlayDough Recipe
This recipe is very similar the chocolate playdough recipe in that it is both fantastic smelling and NOT safe to eat. It makes a pretty good playdough that is FANTASTIC smelling!
That being said it is great project to do with your kids, especially if you combine it with the chocolate homemade playdough recipe and jello playdough recipe in order to make a set of scented playdoughs.
Make this around Christmas or Thanksgiving for a festive craft with your kids!
Ingredients for this gingerbread playdough recipe:
- flour – 1.25 cups
- all spice – 0.5 tsp
- nutmeg – 0.5 tsp
- ginger – 1 tsp
- salt – 0.5 cups
- cream of tartar – 0.5 tbsp
- cooking oil – 1.5 tbsp
- water – 1 cup
Directions for this gingerbread playdough recipe:
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized pot
- Mix dry ingredients until consistent
- Add water, oil, and cream of tartar and stir over low heat
- Continue stirring until mixtures takes on a dough like consistency
- Remove and place on wax paper
- Knead until dough is smooth and consistent
This recipe is a great festive playdough recipe and makes a great Christmas craft or even toy.
Like the chocolate playdough recipe this playdough will keep well as long as you keep it in a sealed container in the fridge.