A Great Homemade Easy Playdough Recipe
It does not produce the best quality playdough, but it does make for a quick and easy playdough recipe that works pretty well.
This is a great place to start if you are looking for the perfect playdough recipe. This playdough recipe is all natural, with color added though beets, spinach, or any other natural color source you like!
Ingredients for this natural playdough recipe:
- flour – 1 cup
- salt – 0.5 cups
- water – 1 cup
- cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- cream of tartar – 2 tbsp
- beet, spinach, and carrot juice
Directions for this natural homemade playdough recipe:
- Add flour salt and oil to a large mixing bowl
- Mix them together until consistent
- Slowly add water while mixing
- Cook over medium heat
- Stir until it becomes solid and consistent
- Place on to wax paper to cool
- Knead until smooth
- Add color by using vegetable juices
This natural homeade playdough recipe is a great kid friendly solution that does not contain any chemicals unlike traditional playdough or a kool-aid playdough recipe. It’s completely kid safe to use, though, because it requires cooking, is not for kids to make. Using the vegetable juices you can make as many different colors and kinds you like.