This is the easiest playdough recipe you can make and it is the most common. It is a great recipe because it works very well, is very kid friendly, and can be easily taught to other people. It produces a great quality playdough and it makes for quick and easy homemade playdough that works well and will make a great craft project or toy. This is a great place to start if you are looking for the perfect homemade playdough recipe. This recipe is a good playdough recipe for kids, though the cooking means they have to have a parent help out.
Ingredients for this classic playdough recipe:
- plain white flour – 1 cup
- salt – 0.5 cups
- cream of tartar – 2 tsp (you can substitute 2 tbsp of baking soda)
- water – 1 cup
- cooking oil – 1 tsp (if you use baking soda, add 1 tbsp of oil instead of 1 tsp)
- food coloring
Directions for this classic playdough recipe:
- Mix all the ingredients together with a fork in a mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth and one solid color
- Pour the mixture into a pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir until smooth and then until playdough bunches up to form a ball
- Take it out of the pan and allow the playdough to cool
- Knead for a few minutes and store in an airtight container
This recipe for playough is the standard homemade playdough recipe and while it does work, make sure you try out some of the other playdough recipes we have so you can find the playdough recipe which works best for you. Your kids will love trying out all these different kinds of playdough and they make a great a craft project.