Pumpkin Pie Playdough makes a great twist on the original playdough recipe. It is a little bit more complicated to make, but it smells absolutely delicious and it is a great way to take your homemade playdough making project with your kids to the next level. This playdough recipe is not an edible playdough so make sure that even though it smells fantastic no one eats it! It makes a great combination with gingerbread playdough and chocolate playdough as a set of scented playdoughs, very festive!
Ingredients for this pumpkin pie playdough recipe:
- flour – 5.5 cups
- salt – 2 cups
- cream of tartar – 8 tsp
- cooking oil – 0.75 cups
- pumpkin pie spices – 1 ounce
- orange food coloring – 2 drops yellow and 1 drop red
- water – 4 cups
Directions for this pumpkin pie playdough recipe:
- Mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and one solid color
- Cook while stirring with a wooden spoon over medium heat
- Once all lumps are gone place on floured wax paper
- Let cool and store in a sealed container
This pumpkin recipe for playdough makes for a much better smelling playdough though it is considerably more work than the traditional playdough recipe and needs quite a few more ingredients. It is worth the effort though and your kids will love it. In particular it makes a great recipe for kids who are a bit older and looking for a more advanced craft project rather than a simple toy.