Cloud dough has been really popular lately so we thought we’d include a cloud dough recipe even though it isn’t technically really playdough. On the other hand it’s probably our easiest playdough recipe so it’s a great place to start if you’ve never done this before. This cloud dough is super easy to make and great fun, especially for young kids. Depending on the type of baby oil you use, you do have to watch really young kids eating it, but it isn’t usually a problem.
Ingredients for Cloud Dough:
- plain white flour – 8 cups
- baby oil – 1 cup
- a very large bowl or Tupperware container
- (optional for colored clouds!) food coloring – as much as you like
Directions for Cloud Dough:
- Mix the baby oil and flour together in the big bowl or Tupperware container
- Kneed the cloud dough with your hands until the dough begins to stick to together
- When the dough can hold together in shapes (this can take anywhere from 2- 10 minutes) you’re done!
- Enjoy your cloud dough!
This cloud dough recipe is great fun for young kids and they can sculpt all kinds of amazing things out of it. Be warned though, Cloud Dough is MESSY! Keep in mind that with such a simple recipe you can feel free to half, double, or triple the recipe depending on just how much cloud dough you want! The sky is the limit!