No these are not cookies. This playdough recipe can be edible, but you just have to make sure you don’t put any chocolate that might go off in it, stick to cocoa powder and you’ll be fine! This chocolate playdough recipe makes an amazingly scented homemade playdough that your kids will love. It can even make a great gift! You may have to resist the temptation to eat it, but the smell is well work it and this playdough recipe is a fun project to do with kids. Chocolate playdough is the ultimate scratch and sniff! You can’t go wrong! Bundle it with gingerbread playdough and pumpkin playdough for a scratch and sniff playdough pack!
Ingredients for this chocolate playdough recipe:
- flour – 1.25 cups
- cocoa powder – 0.5 cups
- salt – 0.5 cups
- cream of tartar – 0.5 tbsp
- cooking oil – 1.5 tbsp
- water – 1 cup
Directions for this chocolate playdough recipe:
- Combine all try ingredients in a medium sized pot
- Mix dry ingredients until consistent
- Add water, oil, and cream of tartar and stir over low heat
- Continue stirring until mixtures takes on a dough like consistency
- Remove and place on wax paper
- Knead until dough is smooth and consistent
This scented playdough recipe is a great activity to do with kids and it will last as long as you keep it in an airtight container in the fridge. Remember that as good as this playdough smells, it is NOT edible playdough! It can be very tempting but it’s not a desert!